Chicken, chicken stock and rice.
Sounds like such a simple recipe but it is exceedingly hard to find a great Hainanese Chicken Rice.
It is a less daunting task in Singapore as there are countless restaurants that sell their own version of Hainanese Chicken Rice.
And here are FourSquare’s 15 pick of the litter for this Singaporean National Dish:
- Maxwell Food Centre (no website)
- Boon Tong Kee 文東記
- Boon Tong Kee 2
- Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Five Star Hainanese Chicken Rice Restaurant
- Chin Chin Eating House (no website)
- Delicious Boneless Chicken Rice
- Golden Mile (Beach Road) Food Centre (no website)
- Hainanese Delicacy (no website)
- Jew Kit 友吉飯店
- Ghim Moh Market & Food Centre (no website)
- Lee Fun Nam Kee Chicken Rice & Restaurant
- Alexandra Village Food Centre (no website)
- Tiong Bahru Market & Food Centre